Bay to Sound Neighbors volunteers can offer you a variety of services to assist you in your daily living. Here are some examples of what you can expect from our volunteers.
Not being able to drive is such a limitation on a person’s well-being and engagement in the community. By offering rides, we are able to make a difference—rides to the doctor, to the hair salon, to the gym or grocery store are examples of ways we can keep you involved in your community.
Home and Garden
Some tasks around home are difficult to do by yourself especially as you age. Help with changing lightbulbs, installing a storm window or screen, or fertilizing your shrubs in the spring are the kinds of services that help you to feel more comfortable in your own home.
If you need help with your smart phone, tablet or computer, we have volunteers comfortable with offering that kind of assistance. We can also help with setting up your remote control on your TV.
Friendly Calls or Visits
If you are alone and would like a friendly visit, that can happen too. If you have an emergency stay in the hospital we can make arrangements to take care of your pets. However, we do not do pet care if you are away on a vacation.
- Anything requiring a license other than for driving, such as plumbing or electrical work
- Any handyman chore that takes more than about 2 hours
- Anything that involves personal or medical care, such as bathing, dressing or feeding, or giving medications
- Anything requiring a fiduciary relationship, such as writing checks
- We cannot move you into or out of a wheelchair or from your bed into a wheelchair